Python Django Training Course
Django is fast, secure, scalable and fully loaded web development framework that can be used to develop great web sites using the Python programming language. The workshop will help programmer’s learn how to design, implement, and manage web applications using Django.
This workshop is for entrepreneurs, product managers, web designers, code ninjas or anyone else that wants to learn how to create web applications.
In this workshop you’ll learn the Django Framework:
- How to setup your Django and Python environment
- Create a Django project and make a basic Django application instantly
- Understand database models and how use the object-relational mapping(ORM) functionality.
- Deploy your application to a web server
- Use Django’s component set along with advanced modules, techniques, and third-party tools.
This is a very practical and hands-on workshop that has lots of class exercises. You’ll build your own Django apps that can be reused after you’re done with the course.
Prereqs & Preparation
You must bring a laptop with a text editor.
Sublime Text is recommended and has a free trial version (http://www.sublimetext.com/).
In addition, students should install Anaconda, which is a free package that includes python and a number of tools that will be used in class (http://continuum.io/downloads).
Anyone attending this Django training course should have a basic understanding of the Python language, and of Object Oriented programming(OOP) and relational database concepts.
Session I: Intro to Django Framework
- About Django
- Installing Python and Django
- Setting up virtual environment and Git
- How MVC is applied to Django
- Basics of Views, Templates, URLs
- Models, Databases, and Migrations
- Creating Forms
Session II: Database, Admin, & Access Control
- Django Admin
- Django ORM and Retrieving Objects
- SQL and SQLite
- Query Construction and Database Relationships
- Creating a User Authentication System
- Cookies and Django
- Django Session Framework
- Building a Login/Logout Views
Session III: Frontend, Django Email, & CSRF
- DRY and Template Inheritance
- Create/Update/Delete Generic views
- Static Files and Resources
- AJAX with Django
- Bootstrap Integration
- Preventing Cross Site Request Forgery
- Django’s Email Functionality
Session IV: Hack-A-Day
- Building Projects
- Deploying Django Applications
- Django Community Apps
- Popular Apps and Installing