The data growth predicted by International Data Corporation (IDC) for 2025: 163 zettabytes. Machine learning patents grew at a 34% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) between 2013 and 2017, the third-fastest growing category of all patents granted. Additionally, IDC forecasts that spending on AI and ML will grow from $12B in 2017 to $57.6B by 2021.
The new opportunity is massive data growth, advanced computing power, and then cheap storage. The combination of these three propels us into more careers into data driven projects using machine learning work.
Mastering Applied Data Science is a project-driven course that will teach students the practical aspects of data science, such as collecting data by web scrapping, validation of information in data by data analysis, comparing models created by machine learning algorithms by interpreted metrics, and more. Additionally, we dive into the more enhanced aspects of data science by introducing topics, such as recommender systems, natural language processing, deep learning, and computer vision, which are all up-and-coming highlights in everyday applications of artificial intelligence. Our classes provide background and insights while solidifying the ideals through hands-on in-class projects and full take-home projects, where students are expected to present their findings and documentations on their journey throughout their project and explain further on what would be their next step.
Program High Level Modular view
1. Pre-work (Python , Stats, SQL, Web)
2. Student Portfolio build (Linkedin, Blog , Github, Mastermind group, Data Story telling, Partner Companies introductions and networking )
2. Machine Learning ( Includes Adv machine learning with 3PBL Projects , 2 Kaggle Challenges)
3. Deep Learning ( Major 3 Libraries Theano, TensorFlow and Keras , NLP using DL , NLP Times series)
4. Big Data & AWS Platform ( Machine Learning Modeling Spark, Splunk, AWS AMI Deep learning, NLP )
5. Artificial intelligence ( Recommended Systems, NLP ChatBot , Deep Learning Fundamentals , Computer Vision)
6. Project based learning PBL( Total 10 Projects including Business Focus Deep learning )
Class Duration: 16 weeks
Days: Saturday & Sunday( weekday mentoring hours)
Time: 9:30am – 6:30pm
Locations: El Segundo, Irvine, Santa Monica
Price: $11995 (Financial options available)
Prerequisites and Requirements: Yes, required, is conducted as PreWork, included in the price.
Do you offer certification? Yes, accomplishment certificate from theDevMasters for using data science skills up to 500 hours.
Why you should take this class?
- In-person Training
- Applied Labs-Innovative Way to Learn
- Pre-Work is done on a one-to-one basis
- 100% Hands-On Learning
- Mentoring Service, One-on-One
- Project Based Learning
- Job Assistance Partnerships
- Mastermind Project Groups and Interview Prep Groups
- Repeat Project or Session Anytime
Additional FAQs about the course? Yes, refer to FAQ.
How to Register? Apply for initial data science career advising in this page form.
Related Courses: Python 101, Stats 101, SQL 101, Web 101, delivered as PreWork to this course.
Teachers & Credentials (Reputation): Zia, Sidy, Jay, Kate, Mohammad, Arshad.
Average Salary Post Graduation: Refer Glassdoor: $115k in Los Angeles area.
Who is this class best suited for?:
This class is open for all backgrounds; there is a pre-requisite which is mentioned by PreWork.Data science industry education adoption rate: 40% Masters’, 30% Bachelors, etc etc
- Someone looking to change their career
- Someone looking to improve their knowledge and gain the skills to become Enhancer Master the skill and leverage themselves in the chosen field.
- College student: Learn hands-on experience and fill the gap between school and real demand.
Previous student profiles have been from: marketing, engineering, health services, insurance, education, commerce, sports, on demand services...
Class Size: 5:1, student-to-teacher ratio.